Friday, September 2, 2011

Watermelon, anyone?

Having been down the overweight road a few times (and, perhaps, will even travel that way again - - I've learned to never say never), I have nothing against fat people.  On the contrary.  I have empathy.  I know how it feels to be fat.  So, no, I don't have a problem with fat people.  HOWEVER, I do have a problem with fat people who don't care what they look like -  fat people who LOOK like they don't care what they look like.  And, thus, they look like big fat slobs.  I know that it is often hard to find clothes that fit.   Let alone clothes that are cute or fashionable.  But there are things that you can do to make yourself look good.   For instance, button your shirt.  A simple thing.  Which brings me to a group of people I saw who were coming out of Walmart today.   (And yes, I do shop at Walmart.  I pick my battles carefully - - most of their greeters look happy, so who am I to judge?)  Anyway, there were four or five people.  They looked young . . . in their 20s.  They were all obese.  As I was going into the store, they were coming out.  I was immediately assaulted by this huge set of . . . well, let's just say that the woman who I was passing could have been shoplifting a couple of very large, very unappetizing watermelons.   And the neckline on her shirt was dangerously close to not being a neckline at all - - I'll just stop there.  The visual is disturbing.  I mean, come on!  Have a little pride.  Or at least a little modesty.  There are small children in Walmart who don't need to be subjected to those.  Heck, there are OLD MEN in Walmart who SHOULDN'T be subjected to them.  The bottom line is this - - if you are fat, fine.  I love you.  But, please, think of the children.   Care enough to dress like you look like you care.   Even a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment