Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiter, There's A Fly In My French Fries

I went to a baseball game last night and sat behind two obese women.  One was larger and younger than the other.  She was probably in her 30s - I'll call her Trixie.  Trixie brought her own personal waiter with her . . . her son, who looked about 11 or 12.  She kept handing him money and sending him off to the concessions stand.  A couple of times he came back with huge (and I mean HUGE) containers of french fries (which, I will admit, looked pretty good).   And once Trixie gave her son a tip - - "Don't ever bring me something I didn't order!!!"  That made her son cry.   That made me sad . . . and mad.  I wanted to say, "Woman, go get your own food and stop making your son feel bad and worthless because he got you lemonade instead of Pepsi!  You can certainly use the exercise!!"  That boy loved his mother.  He wanted to please her.  And for that moment Trixie made him feel like a failure - - all because she's fat and has no self-esteem.  And YES, I DID get all of that just from sitting behind them at a baseball game.  Fat people are fat for a reason - - and it's usually because they don't love themselves.  Which usually means they lack self-esteem and have very little self-worth.  (If a skinny person were to say that, I'd be livid - - but I've earned the right because I've been there.) 

Get off your butt, learn to love yourself, and be happy!!    (And treat your son like a son instead of like a waiter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment