Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Life is Good

I just heard that phrase on the radio . . . "Life is good."   And I thought  - - is it?  Is it really?  We are almost empty nesters (Sadville here we come) and, in the process, are going broke setting our children up in their new lives.   It wouldn't be so bad, I guess, if they left intermittently . . . like a year apart or something . . . but they are all leaving at the same time.   That new car that we really need?   All I can say is that it's a good thing my husband bought a scooter to take to work.   New carpet in the basement?   Not now.  Visiting the family in California?   Not any time soon. (Now THAT one really makes me sad.)  Steak and lobster for dinner tonight?   Sorry, it's gonna be ground beef.   So, is life really good?   YES!!  Yes it is!   Our children are healthy and happy and so excited about their futures!   We all have roofs over our heads and food to eat.   We love each other and LIFE IS GOOD!!! 

And . . . now I can move the treadmill upstairs into our daughter's soon-to-be empty bedroom and maybe that will motivate me to actually get on it more often!   Life IS good, and I am excited about it!   I am excited to get into shape and feel good about myself and spend more time with my husband!   So, is life good?    LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!
    

1 comment:

  1. Have fun! It's hard at first but it gets easier by the year...

    ReplyDelete