Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

Tonight is the last game of the season for our local baseball team.   The season has been fun.   I haved loved the crack of the bat since I was a little girl.  I grew up in Anaheim and loved my California Angels.  I  spent a lot of summer days and nights at the Big A.  I even worked for the scouting director of the Angels when I was older and I got to rub shoulders with Nolan Ryan and Frank Robinson.  Really.  It's true.    Anyway, part of the whole ballpark experience, no matter what level of play and no matter what sport, is the food.    Whether it's hot dogs, peanuts, nachos . . . whatever . . . it all tastes better at the ball field!    I wish that I were thin.   Or at least didn't gain weight just by THINKING of food.   I wish that I would never have to worry about a pair of pants fitting.   I think somehow that would make the game AND the food more enjoyable.  Sigh.

By the way, I really really despise the name "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" - - it's an insult to all of us Orange Countians and whoever approved that stupid name should be fired  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment