Monday, August 8, 2011

Temporary Home . . . Keep Reminding Me Of That

Besides being a junk food addict, I am also an emotional eater.   My 20 year old is moving out of the house in a week.   Two hours away.   My husband has always said he is my clone.   We have a special connection.  All weekend long I was breaking into spontaneous crying.  Everytime one of my children or my husband passed me, they would hand me a kleenex.  Everytime I passed the kitchen, I would go to the fridge, open it, see what was there and, seeing nothing (my children are always telling me we never have anything to eat), I would move on.    I walked to work this morning.  I have lots of happy songs on my ipod.  EVERY SINGLE SONG this morning made me want to cry.   "Temporary Home," by Carrie Underwood.   "Bless the Broken Road," by Rascal Flatts.  "I Don't Want To Live Without You," by Foreigner.    OH MY GOSH!!!!   All I could do was think, "I hope there's chocolate at work."   (There isn't.)   I will get through this.  This is what we raise our children for . . . to be independent and good citizens and to be able to stand on their own.   He isn't leaving our family, he is just leaving the house.    Now, please excuse me while I go cry.  But first, I think I'll go get a peanut butter chocolate shake - - I don't care if it IS only 8:30 in the morning :)

1 comment:

  1. I have very tender feelings for you and have always thought very highly of you. But this blog just goes to show that you are more of a wonderful woman than I thought. Thank you for the insights into your soul and for giving me motivation. Pamela Elkins

    ReplyDelete