Thursday, December 15, 2011
I wasn't sure what I was going to write about this morning, until I saw that I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger award by my new twin sister, Jewels! Jewels and I clicked right away - I think we're both a little crazy (the good kind of crazy, of course!). Check her out, cuz she is awesome - frazzledandfrumpy.blogspot.com. I'm still not really sure what a versatile blogger is . . . but it's an AWARD! And I was nominated! The last time I won an award was in high school (the Bank of America Business Award). I hated high school. I was not one of those cheerleading popular types who the other girls always wanted to hang out with. I was the quiet and shy one . . . you know, the one who everybody thought was conceited. aah, high school. The best thing I can say about it is . . . it's over.
But, I digress. Thank you so much, Jewels, for this great honor. I am humbled. So, now I think one of the rules for receiving this award is that I have to tell you 7 random things about me. If you fall asleep, I'll wake you up when its over.
1. I lived in Venezuela for a year and a half - before they became angry with us.
2. I watched Harry Potter every day for over a year while I walked on the treadmill :) Every single day (but Sunday). Ask me anything about Harry, I dare you!
3. I'm a cougar (well, they didn't call it that when we got married, but I AM older than my husband!).
4. Finding 7 random things to tell about myself is very difficult. Does that count?
5. I've had beignets at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. That's random.
6. I saw Herman Hermits at Disneyland once. (Well, I don't think they were really Herman's Hermits, but we stalked them as if they were). I know some (most) of you don't even know who Herman's Hermits are . . . :)
7. I do not like lobster.
There you go, 7 random things that you probably never cared to know :)
And now, it is my turn to nominate someone for the Most Versatile Blogger. I think I'm supposed to nominate 15 blogs, but no way. So, I am just going to pick two that I really enjoy opening every day. The first is Tammy at pahomekeeper.blogspot.com. You will love reading about the challenges and joys of family. And the second is Daryl at all-throughmyeyes.blogspot.com. She has some awesome photos of NYC. Some will take your breath away.
Thank you all for reading my blog, as random and silly as it is sometimes!