Friday, October 14, 2011

To Sleep or Not to Sleep

My son is getting married next week.   I'm not even the mother of the bride, yet my brain is so tired.   And I am getting over the flu, so my body is exhausted as well.   I would like nothing more than to go home and take a couple of Excedrin PMs and be out until tomorrow!  But this is the conversation going on in my head:

"That's really not a good idea.   You shouldn't waste time like that."

"It's a great idea . . . you should do it!  Besides, it's good to give your brain a rest." 
  
"No, I have too many things to do.   Too many things to think about doing."

"Come on!!!   You know you want to!!  Besides, you deserve it!"

"I CAN'T!!! (hands over my ears) SHUT UP!!!!!"

I don't know if I'll do it . . . I really do have stuff to do.   I have out-of-town family coming next Thursday, and I need to plan my menu and clean the house.  I don't really mind that because I haven't seen some of my family for a couple of years, and we are going to have a blast!

But, in the meantime, I wonder if just one night of really good sleep wouldn't hurt.   "Of course, it won't hurt.   It's GOOD for you!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment