Tuesday, October 25, 2011

(pə-thĕt'ĭk) also pa·thet·i·cal (-ĭ-kəl)

It's kind of pathetically embarrassing having to ask people to follow your blog.  "KIND OF" pathetically embarrassing, you say??  More like EXTREMELY HUMILIATING.   But that's what I did.  Yesterday.   On Facebook.   I pleaded with my Facebook friends to become followers of my blog . . . not to actually READ it if they didn't want to . . . just to sign up as a follower . . so I would look more popular than I actually am.   Not that I really want to BE popular.   I'm fine with being part of the scenery.   I don't really like to be the center of attention.   But I finally got up the courage to write not just in my head but so that people could see and read it . . . and I just kind of want my blog to look like it might be interesting and that people actually enjoy reading it so much that they come back day after day.  "Gotta get my cup of [whatever] and read my Minute By Minute blog.  Can't start the day without it."    An addiction.   I know.   It's pitiful.   And heartbreaking.   And paltry.  And distressing.  And wretched.   (I looked up synonyms for "pathetic" - - I love the word "pathetic.")  

But, my point is this . . . thanks to those of my Facebook friends who signed up to follow in response to my pathetic (love that word) pleas.   Although . . . just because you signed up doesn't mean you're reading this right now :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment