Friday, October 7, 2011

Falling for Fall

The road to my dream house

I love the fall.  It is my favorite time of the year.  Maybe it's because I grew up in Southern California where we didn't really have distinct seasons.  They all kind of blended into each other.  Back then I didn't really care.  I didn't know what I was missing.  But, here, in the beautiful Northwest, we have seasons.  And I love it!  And I would be very sad not to have each season to look foward to - - especially fall!  I love feeling the cool air on my face when I walk out the door.   I love having to wear sweaters and jackets.   I love coming home from work and feeling like I want to put on my pjs.  I know.  Kind of weird.  It's 5 p.m. and she's in her pjs.   But I love it!   I love sitting in the living room staring at the fireplace and listening to the crackling of the wood.  It's mesmerizing.   And comforting and oh so cozy.  I love drinking hot chocolate and feeling the warmth of the cup on my hands.  And I love college football!   There are so many things to be grateful for this time of the year.   And I am going to enjoy every single moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment