Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Wanna Be A Loser!

The Directv guy came yesterday and hooked me up in my workout/whatever room.  Yes!  (By the way, did you know that you can "negotiate" with the various satellite providers?   We wanted to add a receiver, and after a little "we're thinking about changing to Dish" talk, we got the additional HD receiver, a DVR, AND $35 knocked off our monthly bill!  Not bad!!)  

So, now armed with satellite, I was ready to hit it!    I turned on the Biggest Loser at 8 p.m. and climbed on my treadmill.  My plan was to go for the two full hours of the BL, but that didn't quite work out!    There were even a couple of times that I thought, "this sucks!"  But then I looked at the 400 pound 60-year old guy walking across Death Valley, and I knew I could do better!   It was good motivation!   I was hot, sweaty, my heart was beating fast, but it was so exhilirating!   It really is amazing how exercise can make you feel so good!   Just after one hour I felt so much better, both physically and mentally!   How can I NOT exercise when I feel the positive effects of it almost immediately?   I want to be a winner . . . and the road to winning is losing!   

I think I'll take another walk tonight . . . this time with Jeff and Coach! 

No comments:

Post a Comment