My brain is working overtime . . . trying to make up for lost time, I'm sure. I looked at the title of my post from yesterday - BOLO.
Bolo may refer to:
- Bolo, a wild flower.
- Bolo bat, a child's toy
- Bolo knife, a Filipino knife similar to the machete
- Bolo punch, a wide sweeping lower cut used in boxing
- Bolo tie, decorative string tie
- A community or tribe in the 1983 book bolo'bolo by Swiss author P.M.
- Bolo, used as a derogatory expression for Bolsheviks
- BOLO, an acronym used by law enforcement, standing for "Be on the lookout", often used as “bolo alert”; an all-points bulletin
- Bolo snake, an extremely rare snake, found only in Fiji
- Bolo, a slang term for a Salvadorean drunk
I was not being rude to a Salvadorean drunk OR the Bolsheviks when I titled my post BOLO. My husband has never worn a bolo tie, although I think they're kind of awesome. I don't like snakes or boxing, although either might come in handy if you're being mugged. My children have never played with a bolo bat, although we've been to Carlsbad Cavern and have been CHASED by bats. I use a regular steak knife, not a knife similar to a machete, although if I'm ever walking in a jungle, I'll be sure to carry a bolo knife.
Hmmm. Who would have thought that four little letters could mean so much?! Well, really I guess THREE letters because O is in there twice.
OR, maybe I DID think that thought and lost it through the hole in my head.