Monday, March 26, 2012

Just Sit Back and Relax


I went to the dentist this morning - my regular six month checkup.  Everytime I go, I sit back in the chair and wonder why I even bothered to do my hair and put lipstick on.   And everytime I go, the hygienist (who I adore) tells me, as she's cleaning my teeth, what a great job I'm doing on flossing and to keep it up because it makes her job easier.   I just smile because, No. 1, she's got her hands in my mouth and that's really all I can do.  As a matter of fact, it isn't really a real smile, it's just my hapless attempt to curl my lips while her fist is in my mouth.   And I smile when she tells me what a talented flosser I am because, No. 2, I DON'T FLOSS.   I never have.   And apparently I don't need to.    I would never tell her that, though, because, No. 1, that might make her feel stupid, and I don't want to hurt her feelings.   And, No. 2, because I don't want her to tell me that I need to START flossing.  

So, I left the dentist's office this morning with dentist chair hair, smeared lips, and a great pride in my flossing abilities.    Ssssh.  Don't tell.

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky if you don't need to floss. You must be one heck of a brusher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that's awesome! I've been told to "Keep up the good work." But I have to floss. Daily. *sigh*
    I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me. And the entire rest of the internet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ! love this post !
    i hate to floss !!

    ReplyDelete