Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hibernation Vacation

hi·ber·nate

[hi-ber-neyt] Show IPA
verb (used without object), -nat·ed, -nat·ing.
1. Zoology . to spend the winter in close quarters in a dormant condition, as bears and certain other animals. Compare estivate.
2. to withdraw or be in seclusion; retire.
3. to winter in a place with a milder climate: Each winter finds us hibernating in Florida.
As I was putting my makeup on this morning (in the dark, hoping I wouldn't look like "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" when I was finished), I was thinking about hibernation.   About this time of year, every year, I feel like hibernating when I get home from work . . . and in a few weeks, it will be dark when I get home . . . which doesn't thrill me.   But I get home from work now and want to put on my sweat pants.   And do nothing.   Even though I love fall, I hate the fact that I can't motivate myself much in the evenings to do . . . ANYTHING!   Anything productive, that is.   I'm really good at lounging.   I meanreally good!     I think definition number 2 above applies to me.   But in definition number 3, if I could change the word "winter" to "vacation," I would certainly go for that definition!   I would vacation in a milder, sunnier, climate!   Probably not Florida, but maybe Hawaii.    My hibernation vacation.   
But, alas, I think my reality is that I just need to change those sweat pants to . . . oh, I don't know . . . jeans or something, and get up and do something!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment